Spend an Hour with Jesus!
On September 15, 2005, the first meeting of the St. Isidore Altar-Rosary Society was held in the Marysdale Chapel hall. A total of 24 ladies from the former St. Stephen’s, The Bend and Immaculate Conception, Marysdale parishes were present. A re-organization of the two groups into one took place with the following decisions being made. It was suggested that information about the society be distributed to all parishioners of St. Isidore in order that each family might know the benefits of membership and what our organization is and what it does.
BENEFITS: These are twofold, spiritual and social. Two Masses each year are said for the benefit of all living and deceased members. The Society has a Mass said for each member within four weeks following her death. The member must have dues paid or their family members given the opportunity to pay neglected dues. A rosary will be said for the deceased member. Also, at death, the Society will prepare a dinner the day of the funeral and furnish all the food, except the meat, for any parish member upon request of the family.
MEMBERSHIP: All ladies of the parish attaining the age of 18 years and a practicing Catholic are eligible for membership.
DUES: Dues are $2.00 per year. Please use the envelope especially designated for this in your collection envelope box. Senior members 65 years of age and older are not expected to pay dues to maintain membership. Unless dues are paid, members cannot receive the special benefits of the Society at death.
MEETINGS: Meetings are held the third Thursday of the month unless notified otherwise. They will begin immediately following the evening Mass at alternating sites. If there is not a scheduled Mass, the rosary will be recited before the meeting.
MONTHLY COMMITTEES: Each regular monthly committee will consist of four ladies, two from each chapel. The chairlady will be a member of the chapel at which the meeting is being held. She will be responsible to contact her committee. They will be in charge of refreshments and a door prize. If unable to work or provide refreshments, committee members will share in the costs of the refreshments and prize.
FUNDRAISING EVENTS: It was decided to hold three (3) parish-wide fundraising events throughout the year. The Chairpersons (2 couples from each chapel) contact the committee members and organize the event. A bake sale in October, a feather party in November, and a “Chairpersons’ Choice” in the spring were the three social activities chosen. Each parish family will be on one of the three committees. The proceeds from these three events will be divided between the Altar-Rosary Society and the Holy Name Society.
In addition to these fundraisers, a Christmas craft and bake sale will be held at the Sherwood State Bank and the Ney Banking Center on a Saturday in December, preferably at the beginning of the month, with all proceeds going to the Altar-Society.
If you cannot work or furnish baked goods, crafts, etc., a donation of $5.00 is requested.
The monies made from the fundraisers and dues are used for the following yearly activities:
• provides salary for the sacristan.
• purchases new altar linens as needed.
• pays for hosts.
• has two Masses said for living and deceased members each year.
• hosts communion breakfast every third month (Sept., Dec., and March)
• provides Christmas treat for all CCD students.
• buys flowers for and tends the grotto at the Marysdale Chapel site.
• provides altar flowers for First Communion, Confirmation, Eucharistic Day, and all Marian holy days plus $250.00 a year toward Sunday and special flowers.
• supervises dessert potluck for Eucharistic Day.
• cooks and serves the Father-Son breakfast when requested.
• celebrates parish women with the Mother-Daughter breakfast.
• organizes, serves, and provides food (except the meat) for funeral dinners of deceased parishioners upon request of the family.
• presents Bibles to Confirmation candidates, rosaries to graduates, and corsages for First Communicants.
• provides cookies for Red Cross bloodmobile.
• sponsors Santa’s visit to children at December communion breakfast.
• caters wedding receptions and other special occasions for parishioners and immediate family members upon request.
• sponsors a bake sale and bazaar, feather party, and other social functions as fundraisers.
• makes annual donations to the Elizabeth Zeph fund, Community Pregnancy Center, Annual Catholic Appeal, and other charitable organization.
MANY HANDS MAKE LIGHT WORK